ANALYSIS OF RETURN ON ASSETS AND EARNINGS PER SHARE ON THE STOCK MARKET IN THE BANKING COMPANIES IN BURSA EFEK INDONESIA (INDONESIA SECURITIES EXCHANGE)

Widyatama Repository

ANALYSIS OF RETURN ON ASSETS AND EARNINGS PER SHARE ON THE STOCK MARKET IN THE BANKING COMPANIES IN BURSA EFEK INDONESIA (INDONESIA SECURITIES EXCHANGE)

Show full item record

Title: ANALYSIS OF RETURN ON ASSETS AND EARNINGS PER SHARE ON THE STOCK MARKET IN THE BANKING COMPANIES IN BURSA EFEK INDONESIA (INDONESIA SECURITIES EXCHANGE)
Author: Silviana; Rocky
Abstract: Investors need accurate information to make an investment in the capital market, so that investors do not get stuck in adverse conditions. Investment in the stock exchange is a type of investment with a relatively high risk, despite relatively promising big profits. This study aimed to examine the effect of Return on Assets ratio (ROA) and Earning Per Share (EPS) of stock price at the banks. This research is an empirical study, in which the data used in this study are secondary data. The study population was all banks listed on the Stock Exchange in the period 2006 to 2010, which amounted to 31 banks. The samples used in this study were 16 banks with sampling techniques using purposive sampling. Classical assumption in the study included classic assumption. Data had been analyzed using multiple linear regression analysis, the F test, t test, and the coefficient of determination test. Analysis of data by using multiple linear regression method. Analysis Results of ROA on the banks showed that negative and not significant. Results of the analysis showed that the EPS on banks significant positive effect. Results of multiple linear regression analysis obtained ROA variable not significantly affect stock price. EPS variables significantly influence stock price. Adjusted R square value of 0.558 means Return On Asset (ROA), and the Earning Per Share (EPS) give a contribution of 55.8%, the stock price, while the remaining 44.2% can be explained by other variables outside the model.
URI: http://repository.widyatama.ac.id/xmlui/handle/123456789/3432
Date: 2013-06-10


Files in this item

Files Size Format View
cover.pdf 234.7Kb PDF View/Open
panel of reviewers.pdf 458.8Kb PDF View/Open
published.pdf 471.4Kb PDF View/Open
contents.pdf 535.3Kb PDF View/Open
content silviana.pdf 181.8Kb PDF View/Open

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record